Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Once again, I am delving into the world of "Not Me!" Monday. I was asked by a family member why I would admit such horrible things about myself and then proceed to tell the world. My answer is "if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." I love you anyway, dad. But to save the family reputation, go ahead and skip this post for me.

This week...

I did not start a new part-time job only to find out that I have absolutely no dress clothes that my body will squeeze into. That could not have happened to me because I am exactly the same size today as I was when I got married 16 years ago (It'll be a miracle if I'm not struck by lightening tonight!)

There is no way that I enjoyed creaming my sweet, kind-hearted daughter in a game of Wii tennis. It would be absolutely ridiculous for me to be that competitive!

I did not go without telephone service for 4 days this week and absolutely love it. You know my aversion to telephone conversations can not be THAT bad!?!

I most certainly did not tell my kids that they could not split the last piece of chocolate pie because it would make them fat and then consume said piece as soon as they went to bed.

And, there is no way that my adorable toddler has consistently been acting like a snothead for an entire week (following 2 days of general anesthesia.) No way, no how. Kai is much too obedient for that!

If you'd like to see what other moms absolutely did not do this week, skip on over and see MckMama at My Charming Kids.


7 comments:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too funny! I can NOT relate to several of those on your list...uh, especially the one about the pie!

Crazee Juls said...

MMMMMMM........ Chocolate pie. I have NOT played that little trick on my kids a time or two also...

TuTu's Bliss said...

Great post!! Happy not me!

Wayne said...

Great not me monday I to subscribed to a new telephone service

Erica said...

Yep, I'm with ya on the pie! I need my phone though, but not as much as my internet!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Yum! Pie! I've never told my kids they couldn't have something and then ate it myself. Nope. Never!:)

Found you through MckMama...you have a lovely family!

Denise Grover Swank said...

I have a gift for you over at my blog!

http://www.theresalwaysroomforonemore.com/2009/01/and-oscar-goes-to.html