Friday, January 9, 2009

Warning! Profanity Ahead


Last night these words actually came out of my 3 year old's mouth, "Momma, I no kick ass."

Before you judge me as the worlds most heinous mother, let me explain. Since the day our kids found out that we were adopting another little boy, J.D., Piper and Kai have called him Ash. J.D. started the trend because he absolutely loves the name (he has told us many times that if we adopt a girl, her name will be Lily and if we adopt a boy, his name will be Ash.) J.D. is stubborn and obviously persuasive, because Piper and Kai jumped on the "Ash" bandwagon pretty quickly. I truly like the name Ash. It's different and unusual but not too weird. Yes, it reminds me of the more feminine name, Ashley, but I can live with that. What I can not live with, is Kai's pronunciation of Ash. As you have probably figured out by now, Kai says "Ass". Houston, I think we've got a problem.

So last night Kai and I were talking about how he and Cooper (aka Ash) will be sharing a bedroom soon. Kai began explaining how he will love Ash and take care of Ash and never hurt him. Then he blurts out, "Mommy, I no kick Ass!" I lost it. I mean truly, how funny is that. Kids, don't you just love them...

3 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Oh, my! That's too funny! I love when kids say things that sound like something else. Well, except when kids say something the rhymes with firetruck and the parents think its hilarious, video itand show it all over the internet. THAT'S not funny. But Kai IS funny!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too cute! I love all the funny things kids say, intentional or not...

Wuxi Mommy said...

I really like the name "Ash", too, and I love Kai's pronunciation of it even more:) Kids are the best! Peanut still pronounces the letter "L" with a "W" sound, which makes all kinds of words funny!