Friday, January 16, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...Me!

My Lemonade Award

Okay, so I didn't really win an Oscar, or an Emmy, or even a Grammy. What I did win is actually better (and I didn't even have to buy a fancy dress for the ceremony!) I won a blogging award from the awesome Denise at There's Always Room for One More. She thinks my little ole blog shows (and I quote) "great attitude and gratitude!"

All of my friends and family know Denise. Have they ever met her you ask? Well, no. Have I ever met her? No on that one too. But everyone who knows me has heard about Denise. It usually starts when someone tells me a funny story about their kids or about a really bad day they had. Instead of relating a story of my own, I often tell a story that Denise has written on her blog. She is hilarious, real, and isn't afraid to show a flaw once in a while. I love her! One day we are gonna leave our kiddos at the kennel get a babysitter and take a girls-only trip together (of course, other bloggy friends will definitely be invited.) I'll stop there because I just realized I'm beginning to sound like a stalker.

So to Denise, thanks for the shout out. You're the best, girlfriend!

3 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

It couldn't have gone to a nicer person! And you're not a stalker and I would be THRILLED to meet you!!!

I have to tell you how surprised I was that you said all your family knows me! That's too funny!! I just died laughing when I read that. Guess I'm notorious, huh?

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Congrats on your award!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Heather! Congrats on your Lemonade Stand award. I too, am a fan of Denise ONLY through the cyber world!

I had to look at your blog via NO HANDS BUT OURS as the picture of your Kai reminded me of my Sam...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE their ears!

ALL your children are beautiful!