Friday, June 5, 2009

Poor Man's Pool






It's getting hot here in the deep south. We've just finished the first two weeks of summer and I've already pulled out the big guns (it sounds like I'll be in trouble by week 4 or 5!) Yes, we purchased a luxurious, fun-filled, 60 foot swimming pool. Oh, sorry typo - 60 inch swimming pool. It's the perfect size for a family of gerbils. Nevertheless, we're learning to having fun with what we have (a good lesson to learn for a one-income family of 6.) Although I can not fit my fat splendidly curvy body into the pool, I can dip my feet in it while I'm reading a good book. And on that note, I should mention that I got 5 books yesterday from a used book store for free! I've been selling my books to this store for over a year and I finally went and used some of my store credit. I had such an awesome time too (maybe that had more to do with being childless for a few hours than the actual book store.) Thanks Grandmama!

No TA yet. Of course, I'll let you know when it comes.

4 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Well, it looks like they're having fun, little pool or no. I take it you all don't have a neighborhood pool? We couldn't live without ours. CORRECTION: We wouldn't swim without ours. No way I could afford to take all these kids swimming!

Wuxi Mommy said...

Hey, Heather, I think we have that same pool! It's funny how much entertainment you can get from a 60 inch pool, isn't it?? g

Flamingo said...

too funny...i have the same pool!

so sorry to hear about the ta nightmare! i'm so glad that we are done and back...the stress of it all was going to kill me!

Henry Andrews said...

Thanks for this blog post