
In less than one week our lives will change...again. We will meet the newest member of our clan. At 3 1/2 years old, I imagine that Ash will be confused and scared. We're as prepared as any parents can be. Kai's adjustment was easy and we know it's unlikely that we'll be so lucky again. It doesn't really matter. We're more than ready to love on our little boy.
If you happen to be following along on our journey, please leave a comment (or 2, or 3.) During our last trip to China, I read my Blogger comments every night. It was my favorite time of day because it gave me such peace (remember, the first few weeks with a newly adopted child is no walk in the park!) I could truly feel all the good wishes and prayers that were being said on our behalf.
Here's a timeline of our time in China:
Thurs. 6/25 - Fly to Shanghai
Sun. 6/28 - Fly to Nanjing
Mon. 6/29 - Meet Ash
Tues. 6/30 - Adoption Finalized
Sat. 7/4 - Fly to Guangzhou
Tues. 7/7 - Consulate Appointment
Wed. 7/8 - Swearing-In Ceremony
Thurs. 7/9 - We're Coming Home (Party of 6, Please!)













14 comments:
What a handsome little man you have! And a gorgeous family too!!!! Hoping you have a very very smooth trip and that your little one will feel "home" the moment he enters your arms!
What a cutie! Congrats!
Kelly
LID 7/23/2007
sn program 3/2009
Hoping for referral soon!
Congrats! I can't wait to follow your journey, we are adopting a Zhejiang boy that is the same age as your new son. Safe travels~ Susan
Congratulations... what a gorgeous little boy..
Congrats Heather - I know this is a long time coming. Can't wait to see Ash in your arms!
Safe Travels!
Tracy
Wonderfull family that you have!
I am mam of Sofia, 5 years old from China-Zhejiang, and waiting to travel mid-July to meet our son, 2 years old, who is in Shanghai CWI.
Thanks for letting us follow your trip.
I wish you a great journey.
Rosita (from Barcelona-Spain)
Doing a happy dance! Can't wait to see your family pictures!
I'm SOOOOOO excited to watch your journey!!! I know you've waited WAYYY too long for this moment, and soon you'll be a family of SIX!! I'm praying for your precious Ash, that your adjustment will go smoothly and he will bond quickly. Stay away from that swine flu bug:)
Your story warms my heart. I can't wait to see how your China trip goes. Oh, in one of your upcoming posts can you clear up my confusion about Ash's name? Is Ash the name you chose for him? Or Cooper?
I can't wait to follow your trip! Be safe and we'll "see" you in China!
I will read your blog and leave comments. I used to get up at 5:00 every morning in China to read the comments left through the night. Then my husband started getting up before me to read them!! I remember reading when you got Kai. Your boys are beautiful!!!! I will pray for a wonderful journey.
How exciting! Congratulations!
I am so excited for you all! Can't wait to follow along on your journey! Will be praying for you all for a safe journey and easy transition! Blessings!
Congratulations- what a doll! Wishing you safe travel.
Post a Comment