Monday, June 15, 2009

Evel Knievel, Part Three

First Sutures - May 2008

First Major Bicycle Accident - August 2008

Offending Footboard (aka Balance Beam)

First Broken Bone - June 2009

Kai decided that we didn't have enough to do in the last full week before we leave for China. He also decided that the foot board of his bed looked a lot like a balance beam. What do these two things have in common? The answer is disaster. Yes, our little Evel Knievel decided to channel Mary Lou Retton by doing a balance beam routine on the footboard of his bed. He fell and now has a broken arm (ulna, to be more exact.) So Kai will be travelling to pick up Ash in a long-arm cast. I just pray the nannies don't think I abused him!

4 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Oh no! I hope he makes it through security okay. I had a broken foot with a walking boot and got pulled over and bomb searched. Fun times!

Mommy said...

Bless his heart. He's a little dare devil for sure.

FHL said...

Gotta love having boys! Hope he heals quickly!

Paulette said...

Now we should start our own club the broken arm club. Have a great trip and I can't wait to follow along and hope all goes smoothly.