Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Frustrated


I'm frustrated. Really, really frustrated. We have been waiting 65 days for our TA (travel approval) from China. Just to compare, we only waited 19 days to receive our TA for Kai. International adoption has radically changed in the last year and the new regulations are making it longer and longer to bring these kids home. I am beginning to lose my mind. I promised the kids that I would not freak out or break down until June 12th. If we do not have our TA by that evening (Friday, June 12th), I am not responsible for what I might do. Okay, that's probably a little extreme - no felonies will be committed but everything else is still on the table. Let's all pray that we get some good news by then.

6 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

Oh my gosh, has it been that long now? I guess it has because your LOSC came while we were still in China! I'm so sorry it's taking this long for things to get moving. It's a tragedy that all these new "rules" aren't helping the kids one bit, but insteady making them wait even longer to be with their forever families. I promise I wont' hold you responsible for what happens after June 12th!

gotoTheo said...

We are right behind you and are in the same state of mind! I have even tried the TArget shopping to help being in on but it has only brought others thier TA.

Denise Grover Swank said...

I hope you get your TA soon-- for your kids sake! Forget about your sanity and bringing your child home, only for your other children. ;>)

Unknown said...

ACK! I have been checking your blog hoping for news! Well I will pray your TA comes SOON! I looked for "Ash" while we were there but all the kids were sleeping and I couldn't see any of them.Sorry. I think they plan the tour when the kids will be asleep :-/. Ren did see the book you sent for Ash and picked it up and started talking about him so they know each other. Now that we have Ren home I would love to pick your brain about Cincy. I will have to e-mail you! Praying for a speedy TA!

Mommy said...

I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better. (HUGS) It has to be soon.....but I know "soon" is a relative term. Hang in there!

Furniture Repairs Reading said...

Thanks for postingg this