Sunday, March 1, 2009

Miracles Happen

Miracles do happen. Today it snowed in Alabama! Snow that actually sticks to the ground is quite a phenomenon around here. I guess we only see it once or twice a decade. It's kind of like a solar eclipse. When it finally happens, it's all people can talk about. North Korea dropped a nuclear bomb on Los Angeles today? So what, it's snowing! Of course, I took a zillion pictures so ten years from now (when the kids can't remember what snow actually looks like) we can remember all the fun we had. I hope this little montage of our day doesn't bore you too much...



We started out the day with a round of snowball fights.




Then we decided to build a snowman -


complete with flower pot hat,
walnut eyes, and a strawberry nose.



Kai didn't love the snow but he loves his sister and his motorcycle.




We were given a sled by our awesome next door neighbors.


We may not have snow in Alabama, but we do have hills!


Even Kai decided to join in the fun.



Victorious Dad (who was actually in town for the big event!)

As I write this tonight, our grass is green again and the snow has gone for another few years. Good bye winter wonderland and please come back soon!


4 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

We're getting the snow now that you got last night!! I'm so glad I can just watch it from my couch for now. It's really blowing around out there!

Unknown said...

Loved the pictures! We have snow but are stuck in side with colds! At least we are warm and toasty.
Elaine

Denise Grover Swank said...

Looks like you had some awesome fun!!! You look so YOUNG girl!!!! I don't know if I can meet you in person because people might think I'm your mother! Just kidding, about the not meeting, not about them thinking I'm your mother. I'm willign to take the chance.

Mama Melissa said...

LOVED the pics of your snow day!!! It looks like you had so much fun! :)