Friday, March 13, 2009

Kind of like Las Vegas

Wheelchair for the "big & tall" patients

Daddy & Kai right before surgery

In recovery room

Kai had a great night last night. He slept well and had very little pain. His PCA pump is set to where he can get a dose of Morphine every 10 minutes. When the nurse checked the pump this morning, she noticed that we had only used the pump 5 times since his surgery. He is definitely one tough little guy. Kai went for his first walk this morning (one day ahead of schedule) and he was thrilled. Right now he is just tired of laying in bed and the boredom that goes along with it.

David just remarked that the hospital is a lot like Las Vegas (stay with me here.) You can't tell if it's night or day, no one knows or cares what day of the week it is, and people are running around 24/7. Of course, our nurses are actually wearing tops and no one is bringing us round-the-clock cocktails (although I'd definitely be up for that.) The machines that Kai is hooked up to make noises all day long much like the slots in Vegas. I'm thinking of dropping a quarter into one of them to see what happens.

As you can see, I finally got the camera cord so I could download some photos. Kai looks better than anyone I know one day after surgery. I'll try to post photos of his first walk down the hall a little later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there...
so glad to see Kai's smiling face. What a trooper! We are praying for a speedy recovery for your sweet little man!!
Best Wishes...
Amy--Former Xingfu mama to Hope from Wuxi
waiting for our baby boy from Chongqing..LID 1/13/09

Wuxi Mommy said...

I'm so glad to see that Kai is doing so well! I've been thinking about your family all week and praying that his healing is speedy, without any complications! It's amazing how resilient children truly are! Go ahead and put some money in those machines:) You know.....sometimes I dream abotu them at night after a long shift.....have you reached that stage yet?

Mommy said...

Still praying and hoping things are going well.