Monday, March 16, 2009

Serenity Now

I'm not posting pictures tonight mainly because nothing has happened today that warranted getting out the camera. Kai is still doing well but six days in the hospital is beginning to get to me. I am tired. Really tired. And to be completely honest, I'm grouchy. Lack of sunshine does that to me. Isn't there a type of depression that is brought on by lack of sunlight? Maybe I have that. Or more likely I have the "my kid is in the hospital for 2 weeks and I'm going stark raving mad" depression. Thankfully, there were a couple of bright spots today. My mom took Kai to the playroom and Rachel and I had dinner together. It was great to be able to gossip about which nurses are imbeciles and which ones we pray we get every night. I told her the story of our nursing assistant who couldn't get Kai's blood pressure after about 30 tries. She told me of an email she sent to our surgeon last night calling his surgical residents "Yahoo's." You just have to laugh about this place. It's like a really bad episode of Gray's Anatomy. I keep wondering which doctors are sleeping together and waiting to meet McDreamy (sorry, Dave.)

Tomorrow will be 5 days post-op. We will most likely be here for 10 days post-op. All I have to say is "Serenity Now!" (dedicated to my Seinfeld-loving friends.)

4 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

It's so funny that you say "serenity now". My hubby and I say that phrase a lot when we're losing our sanity around here, too! I can't imagine being inside the hospital for ten days straight. I go so nuts after a few 12 hour shifts in a row, and I even get a break to come home and sleep. We actually have a McDreamy where I work......it's my only saving grace:) I hope you have one where you're staying, too!

Mommy said...

Still praying for sweet Kai and his Mommy who needs a good Seinfeld marathon to keep her sain. I hope you are hangin' in there.

Unknown said...

HA! I JUST wrote about McDreamy and when he would show up and then Caringbridge ate it - didn't have the energy to type it up again. I GET the tired and grouchy thing. And then people say, "Oh, sounds like things are going great!" and they are, it's just that I cry in my apple cobbler and get angry at the lady at the pharmacy because I want to be HOME with both of my kids and my husband, not have them farmed out to other people. I am tired, and I know you are too.

Thanks for being a bright spot. :o) You made me laugh today when you all waved me over as I was losing stuff left and right outside...hope you are having fun with Piper and JD! We keep talking about what a SWEET little man Kai is.

Linda said...

Hey Heather,

I am so glad to see Kai is doing so well. I hope he is not getting sunlight deprivation too! That would be a very bad mix. Are you getting to leave the hospital at all?
I am keeping up with you guys from your blog so thank you much for the great writings.
Hang in there. We will keep you all in our prayers. Linda