Monday, February 2, 2009

Priceless

Kai and Jackson (his favorite cousin)

Big Kids with Cowboy Clown

Kai and his "Dancing Girl"

I love the acrobats

I love the clowns

I love the elephants and the dancers

And I love the tigers


5 tickets to the "Greatest Show on Earth" - $122
3 Snowcones - $30
1 Diet Coke - $4
1 Jumbo Cookie - $3
The look on Dave's face when Kai told him he wanted to be a circus dancer - Priceless

Yesterday we packed up the crew and went to the circus. I love the circus! I love the elephants, I love the tigers, I love the death-defying acrobats, I love the clowns and I love the sparkly dancers. So as we are leaving the show, I ask what job everyone would most like to have at the circus. Dave says that he wants to be in the band. I say that I wouldn't mind training the dogs or riding the elephants. J.D. wants to be one of the daredevils who jumps around a huge rotating silver ring suspended 100 feet over the floor (I know, terrible description, but it's the best I can do.) Piper said she would like to be the female ringmaster who also happens to be an acrobat (of course, she wears the prettiest clothes.) Then comes Kai's turn. "I wanna be a dancing circus boy!" Silence ensued for a few moments. David is kindly biting his tongue. Then laughter erupts from the backseat. J.D. decides to rub salt in David's wounds by saying, "That's right Kai, daddy says we can be anything we want to be when we grow up. You can be a dancing boy if you want to!"

That's right Kai. You be the best dancing boy that anyone has every seen and I'll be right there cheering you on! As you can tell, I love my little dancing boy.

4 comments:

Mommy said...

HA! Too funny...

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too cute about the dancing boy! Sounds like it was a great day...

Unknown said...

LOL! I have enjoyed your posts, Kai is too cute!
Elaine

Greg and Steph said...

Hi! I just found your blog through "No Hands but Ours."
We are also waiting on our second sn daughter from China. Both of our daughters have the same sn as your sons.
We are also BIG BAMA FANS!!!!!!!!
Would love to talk with you sometime!
Blessings,
Steph