
Kai is now tall enough and coordinated enough to hoist himself onto a "big potty" all by himself. At first, I thought this was an exciting feat that would save me a lot of nasty work (ie. cleaning out the toddler potty 25 times a day.) In a perfect case of Murphy's Law, I could not have been more wrong. Instead of periodically cleaning out a toddler potty that I know is smelly, I now find nasty toilets all around the house. Although we by no means live in a mansion, our humble abode does have 5 adult-size toilets. At any point of the day, I am likely to find poop smeared on the seat of any one of those toilets. Yes ladies, it is gross. Beyond gross.
Today takes the cake on yucky potty stories (please let me know if you have a better one.) It all started when Kai decided to potty in the toilet in my master bathroom. I was, of course, not in the room and completely unaware of Kai's location. Then throughout the house I heard Kai yelling for me. "Momma, I need you!" I find him beside the potty, flushing it over and over again (I would guess that he pushed the lever close to 100 times.) "It don't work, Momma!" Yes, my boy has flushed the potty so many times, and with such force, that he's broken the friggin' thing. The potty is full of poop, Dave is out-of-town (yet again) and I have no idea what to do. After mumbling some choice words (that Kai did not hear), I decided to take the top off of the tank. I've seen David do this and it seemed like the smart thing to do. The problem is that I have never watched what David did from that point on. I think I have always taken dismantling the potty as a sign to leave the room. After several minutes of staring into the tank, I actually put my hand into the water. Why? I don't know. I guess I thought the Toilet God would come down and guide my hand to fix the problem. Guess what? Didn't happen. So now I've got a contaminated hand, a gross potty, and no husband for another 24 hours. Like I said, Murphy's Law at it's best.
P.S. I have now discovered that the toilet is irreparably broken. The good news, however, is that the poop has been flushed. Thank God for small favors.












No comments:
Post a Comment