Monday, June 27, 2011

Next Stop Molly Kate




Hello America! JD, Piper and I are doing wonderfully and are ready to meet Molly Kate in 6 hours. We went exploring this morning and found some great little shops around the hotel (which is great since the shops in our hotel are Cartier, Rolex, and other uber-expensive outlets.) We were probably ¾ths of a mile away from the hotel when I asked the kids, “Did you guys just hear thunder?” They assured me that it was just a car backfiring and we kept going. Of course, within 2 minutes the sky opened up and we were drenched. We were laughed at and pointed at by hundreds of Chinese who were cozily under their umbrellas and raincoats.

JD and Piper spent the early morning watching Chinese pop videos. We have the Chinese equivalent of MTV on our tv and it’s been a hoot to watch. The singing is pretty good, but the dancing is pretty juvenile. I think a good singer/dancer could make some huge money here. Right now as I blog (and we dry out from our drenching), the kids are watching Alaska State Troopers on National Geographic. I’m telling ya, it really is a small world.

If it stops raining we’re heading to lunch at a little restaurant around the corner that we think serves noodles. Why do we think that? Because the sign out front has a huge picture of Po and Master ShiFu on it. Copyright infringement at its best.

Next post will have photos of Molly Kate, I promise. She may be wailing but she’ll be ours! Keep us in your prayers. The next 48 hours will not be pretty.

No comments: