Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hello Taiyuan




Not much to say today except that we made it successfully to Taiyuan (pronounced Tie-u-in.) Our hotel is a gorgeous mock-up of the World Trade Towers. I think we made a good decision in staying here. For all you soon-to-be Shanxi momma’s out there, I would highly recommend this hotel over the Shanxi Grand. It’s not too expensive but it’s super-nice and it’s in a great area of town.

Our guide, Helen, told us that Molly Kate will be brought to our hotel tomorrow evening around 6pm. Because we get her so late (and she will most likely be very upset,) I may not get to blog or upload photos of our sweet girl right away. We also have to leave Tuesday morning for a 3 ½ hour drive back to her hometown, Datong. We hope to visit the orphanage then, but we haven’t received official permission just yet.

JD’s knee/leg has been significantly better today but his left wrist is still pretty painful. Keep him and Molly Kate on your prayer list. The next time I write, we will have Molly Kate. God is good!

2 comments:

The Drinkwaters said...

So happy you made it to Taiyuan safely, hoping JD continues to get better each day.

I hope you are able to visit the SWI, we were able to in November and we were very happy to be able to see and record where our daughter spent several months of her life. Remember to ask Helen where the rest stops are along they way, I think there is only one they stop at, and it is a long drive.

Praying that Molly Kate has an easy transition.

Joyanne, fellow Datong Mama

Stacy said...

We are a Datong family, too! Make sure you have ALOT of food for the drive...also toilet paper for the squatty potties...only one place to stop on the drive. Our Jackson (Dang HeKuan) is doing incredibly well. He is loving and affectionate and has a great sense of humor. He was in foster care as well. His fostermom was Wang Erban...wish I had the Chinese Characters. The director and secretary will probably be driving back with you to Datong. I will be praying for you all and your sweet Molly Kate!!!