Thursday, January 6, 2011

Night Terrors





Ash had a pretty bad night last night. Being in the hospital has brought back his night terrors in force. Ash has always struggled with night terrors to some degree but they had gotten much better over the last year. Last night, Ash startled me awake more times than I can count screaming "The bad guys - the bad guys are coming!" Then he would begin to punch, kick and flail uncontrollably. I can't wake him up during his night terrors (it's next to impossible) so I just tried to keep him from hurting himself or pulling out his PICC line. During one of the scuffles, I threw my back out. Right now I can function with pain pills, but without them I'm pretty useless.

Although sweet Ash is having trouble sleeping, he's feeling pretty good. He hasn't had any pain meds since Wednesday morning and he's having fun going to the playroom every few hours. He's a little trouper and I'm so proud of him.

No comments: