Thursday, January 13, 2011

Home

Ash's first meal in 10 days (eggs & bacon - nice & greasy)

I got chastised last night by my hubby who said, "Aren't you even going to write a one line post that we're back home?" My answer, "No, I'm going to bed. They'll understand." Sorry to those of you who have been checking on us, praying for us, and sending us nice thoughts. I was REALLY tired after 12 days in the lovely Cincinnati Children's Hospital (and yea, I know it wasn't actually me in the hospital.)

I'm sure you noticed that David took over my blogging duties during the last 2 days of Ash's hospitalization. I came down with the mother-of-all stomach bugs and spent 24 hours praying to the porcelain god. I felt awful but was so happy that Dave was there to take care of Ash when I couldn't. I'm pretty sure God was watching out for us.

When we drove up to the house last night, JD and Piper were in the front yard waiting for us. I started to tear up just seeing their sweet faces (which is rare for this rather stoic mommy.) Kai jumped in my arms as I walked through the front door and Scout (the dog) almost knocked me down. It's a huge understatement to say that we're all happy to be together again.

3 comments:

A Beautiful Mess said...

glad you made it home safe and sound. I have never heard of anyone getting out before the 10 days.......

Susan said...

Hi, Heather! I am a friend of Linda's (we ran together) and come to your blog sometimes (started when you went to get Kai!). Anyway, I met Piper in Tuscaloosa at Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago (she was with Linda). I just wanted to tell you that she is just beautiful and so sweet! The rest of your family is gorgeous as well and I am so happy that Ash is home. Best of luck to all of you!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope he is doing well and may the Lord bless your family!
Patricia