Thursday, January 20, 2011

Missing You



I've been thinking non-stop lately about Molly Kate (yes, we've given our sweet girl a name even if it may change before we meet her.) I keep telling David that I miss her terribly and last night we discussed the plausibility of missing someone we've never met. So being the nerd that I am, I looked up the word 'miss'.

Miss (v) - to notice or regret the absence or loss of.

Do I notice her absence? You bet I do. Her absence is felt during every family dinner, every good night kiss, every moment of childhood laughter. We found out this week that Molly Kate has been moved to Beijing for open-heart surgery. I'm torn. On one hand I am so thankful that she is in the much larger, modern city of Beijing and I am grateful that no more damage will be done to her heart or lungs before we are able to meet her. On the other hand, my heart breaks that she may be alone and scared during a very dangerous and painful hospitalization. I have no way of knowing if her foster mother traveled with her to Beijing but my gut (and common sense) tell me that she is either alone or with a nanny that she doesn't know.

I love my little girl. I miss my little girl. And I don't care who says that's crazy.

5 comments:

Julia said...

I think it's one of the least craziest things I've heard all day. Of course you miss her! I don't know what your schedule is, but hope you'll be traveling soon!

A Beautiful Mess said...

I am so sorry.

She isn't alone (just prayed that she feels the comfort and embrace of the Blessed Mother and the loving and caring thoughts of her mother here on earth)

She isn't alone....she probably has a nanny or FM with her, I remember reading quite a few times that in China the "family" has to provide care and food (!) while the patient is in the hospital.

Hope travel etc. moves quickly so you can bring your beautiful daughter home.

The Drinkwaters said...

I too, am happy that she is in Beijing receiving surgery, but also hope that she has someone there to comfort her.

Do you have an idea of when you will travel?

I missed my girl everyday too...hoping you will be together soon.

Joyanne...a fellow Datong Mama

Lola Granola said...

Poor pudding...that's a lot to go through, whether you are with someone you love or not. Let's hope she is.

Unknown said...

You're adopting again! man, alot can happen in months! :)

I am in my second trimester and we have a foster newborn...so life is crazy here too...but GOOD!

so excited for you!