Monday, April 20, 2009

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

I'm really too tired to say much. This has been an extremely difficult day for both Kai and me. We have cried many tears and have red, puffy faces at the moment. I'm tired of watching my child writhe in pain, tired of holding him down for excruciating procedures, and tired of setbacks. I am praying (deep, long, heartfelt prayers) that tomorrow will be Kai's day for healing.

Linda (David's mom) was due to arrive at 4:15 this afternoon. She called around that time to say that her airplane had lost compression and had made an emergency landing in Lexington, Kentucky. The airline put her on a bus to Cincinnati and she just called to say that the bus had broken down 30 miles outside of Cincinnati. Have you ever seen the movie Planes, Trains & Automobiles? I think she's living it out right now.

Please continue to pray for our son. I will update soon.

6 comments:

Liming said...

Dear Heather, be strong!

Mommy said...

Praying!

Stephanie said...

Thinking of you yet again this morning. I'm sure, once Linda gets there, you will feel somewhat better. At least you will have some more help. I'm still praying for you all. Love, Stephanie

Melanie Gao said...

Oh Heather I can't imagine how hard today was for you. I'm praying for you and for Kai. God bless you.

Tracy said...

Hang in there. Your doing great even though you don't feel like you are. Praying things get easier with time and that the pain subsides soon.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretreed1

DustieLee said...

I hope things are better today, update when you can.
Prayerfully, Dustie