Friday, April 10, 2009

Fearless "4"

The family

Birthday Boy Kai


Jackson & Kai
(impossible to get a cute picture of both of them)




Dave with J.D. and Piper


PapPa and Granny


Mom and Kellie (aka Aunt KK)


Blowing out candles on his Spiderman cake


Eating Cake


Beautiful Piper


Round 1 - Pinata Wars


Piper finally busted it here


A 2 year old is no match for a pinata


Kai taking a swing at it



I have a confession to make. We didn't celebrate Kai's 4th birthday until 2 weeks after it had passed. To make matters more embarrassing, we didn't even tell him that it was his birthday on the real day. I do, however, have an excuse if you care to hear it. On Kai's actual birthday, we were in the middle of a 2 week hospital stay and we didn't believe Kai would be able to eat, much less drink anything. As it turns out, the doctor let Kai begin to eat and drink clear liquids on the morning of his birthday. I however, was completely unprepared for this turn of events and had no birthday present for my sweet little man. Thus, the hasty decision was made keep Kai's birthday a secret to everyone, including him.

So this past weekend we declared that Kai was now "4" and we planned a family party. Kai's best friend is his cousin, Jackson, so it was only mandatory that he be there. Kai and Jackson played on the swingset, smacked a pinata around, gorged on Spiderman cake and opened presents. To Kai, it was the perfect day. Sorry to deluge you with pictures, but I stalked the kids like paparazzi and this was all I came up with (and yes I know, I need major help with my camera skills.)

3 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Well, I think it was perfect! He didn't know any better and he had a much better "birthday" 2 weeks later! No more mommy guilt!

Flamingo said...

umm don't feel guilty. i'm much worse! we didn't really celebrate the 1st birthday she had with us!! yeah, someday she will bring that up and ask for a double dose:)

Lola Granola said...

But your cake-making skills are extraordinary! (Cute pics, too)