
It's been a few days since my last post - sorry to those of you who were actually reading along. I have been quite busy supporting my husband's mid-life crisis. What, you ask, is his mid-life crisis? A twenty-two year old blond? A cherry red Corvette? No...it's his new band, Wait5. Yes, I have officially become a middle-aged groupie. Dave has always played music, just not for money. He played with a band in college (I'm using the term 'band' here very loosely) and has played at our church for several years now. We have an awesome church that plays fun, contemporary Christian music. But, you don't get paid to play for God. This is uncharted territory for us and it's actually kind of exciting.
To get their name out, Wait5 played for free at a local wine bar two weeks ago. Everyone had a great time and they really sounded good. The next day the owner of the bar e-mailed the band to ask if they would play every other week (for real money!) Thursday night they played for their second time. The bar was completely packed and the owner said that they had never had a larger crowd. So there you have it, my husband is a rock star (To those of you that know us - please allow me this exaggeration. I will get a ton of brownie points with my husband for this post!)












No comments:
Post a Comment