Thursday, July 26, 2007

Homesick


I am homesick. I miss my husband. I miss my kids. I want my baby. I now realize why Dave hates the t.v. so much. He truthfully believes that television eats away our brain cells. Don't tell him but I am beginning to agree. I have spent the last 5 nights alone in my hotel room and the most enjoyable thing I have watched is "So You Think You Can Dance" (their thin writhing bodies did give me the motivation to go out and run, so it wasn't all bad.) Pretty pathetic, huh? I don't think it would kill Disney to have pay-per-view movies in their hotel rooms. I'm not asking for porn...just a recent movie. My station choices consist of 6 Spanish-speaking channels, 1 Chinese channel, 10 Disney channels, and the regular NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, ESPN line-up. To be honest (and I'm not sure I should admit this) my favorite channel this week has been Lifetime. At least I can watch a real movie, even if it does consist of battered women, pregnant teenagers, stalkers/sociopaths, or grieving widows.

I miss you family and I will be home tomorrow! I guess it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder!

No comments: