
I've been "tagged" twice this week; first by Julia at Julia Laine Photography and today by Mommy at The Womble Times. I guess I need to get going on this before I let everyone down. Here goes...
7 random facts about myself:
1. I've worked as a candy striper, vet tech, flight attendant and police officer (in that order.) I love interesting jobs and I've had a ball at all of them!
2. I'm in love with a rat (well, 2 rats to be exact.) My son's rats, Lily and Skit, are adorable, friendly, affectionate, and the happiest little rodents you'll ever meet. If you can look past their creepy tails, you'd love them too.
3. If given the chance, I could sleep a good 12 hours a day. I am almost always sleepy and I yawn all the time. I once had mono and didn't feel too much different than I do every other day of my life. Unfortunately, I average about 7 hours of sleep at night (I, however, rarely turn down a chance to nap!)
4. I am a thrill seeker and never get scared. I love adrenaline-boosting activities like bungee jumping, repelling, rafting, riding roller coasters, driving fast, police work, and watching horror movies. I really want to try sky diving one day. I've always found it odd that some women have trouble sleeping in their own houses alone or get scared walking to their car in a "bad" neighborhood. The only thing that truly frightens me is the possibility of one my kids getting sick.
5. I, like Mommy at Womble Times, am a paperwork neat-freak. I can not scratch out a mistake on my paper. I do not even like to erase. I will throw away draft after draft until my paper looks just perfect. Everyone who sees my handwriting thinks I should be a elementary school teacher. When I worked as a police officer, I rarely got compliments on my police demeanor, but I always got compliments that my reports were beautiful.
6. I am a very, very pale redhead. When I was a child, I secretly prayed for all my freckles to converge so I could finally have a tan. In middle school, I once went as far as putting dark powder on my legs so I would not be made fun of (I know, it was pretty pathetic.) Today, a good 20 years later, I have learned to love my porcelain complexion (although a tan at the beach would be nice!)
7. I am domestically challenged. I can not cook, sew, or craft. I have the ability to clean but I absolutely hate doing it. The only grade I made in high school that was lower than a "B" was in Home Economics. I failed the class because I never learned how to thread my sewing machine and I burned every food I made. That d@*! "F" really brought down my GPA too. The very first time I ever cooked for David (while we were in college), I gave him severe food poisoning. It was a miracle that he ever asked me to marry him!
Now I'm tagging:
Heather at My Wuxi Girl (with our agency and will soon travel to get their daughter from Wuxi)
Elaine at The Road to Ren (with our agency and will soon travel to get their son from Wuxi)
Laura at Our Family of Five (with our agency and is recently home with their daughter)
Lynne at Now We are Six (my ex-patriot hero with a wonderful blog from China)












1 comment:
Wooohooooo! Love it! Thanks for playing along. Glad to know I'm not the only paper weirdo in the world. :-)
Post a Comment