In an attempt to not think about our lost home study, I'm going to do something I enjoy immensely, blog. When my sister and I were little girls, you could usually find us in two predictable places. I was most often playing outside, running through the woods, catching bugs and climbing trees. My much smarter and more beautiful sister was usually inside reading books or talking on the phone to one of her many admirers. Kellie (my sis) read so much that our modest house could barely contain all of her romance paperbacks. In high school I truly tried to enjoy reading but was put off by books featuring what I considered to be weak women. Although it is definitely a beloved classic, I almost tossed my cookies reading Jane Eyre in the 10th grade. Some things have changed over the years and some haven't. Kellie is still smart and beautiful, but as the single mom of a 2 year old, she has little time to pour herself into a good book. I on the other hand, have recently become a stay-at-home mom. In a startling confession, I must admit that I have turned into a book junkie. A few months ago, a cyber-friend started recommending books to me. Since that day, I have read one book every 4 or 5 days (and many fluff books quicker than that.) Sitting in a carpool line every day for at least an hour gives me plenty of time to finish them off. As you can see in the picture above, my night stand is covered with books ready to be returned to our "used book store" where we keep a revolving credit.
And for those of you who are arrogantly judging my choice of Janet Evanovich novels, back off! Although I heartily agree that there are no moral lessons or high brow issues in these books, I absolutely love them. I laugh out loud reading them and inwardly root for the heroine, who by the way, is a strong, indepedent woman, unlike Mrs. Eyre!













No comments:
Post a Comment