Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Little Man Loves Me





Tonight Kai and I were cuddling on my bed watching the Olympic closing ceremony. He had wet hair from his bath and he was absolutely beautiful. In his innocence, he had no idea why I was so emotional. He knows that he was born in China. He knows that mommy and daddy came for him and will never leave him. But it is what he does not know that sometimes breaks my heart. He has another mother and father still in China. I tell him "his story" often, but he does not yet understand. I can only be there for him when he finally realizes what his abandonment and adoption truly mean.

My baby (not technically a baby, I know) then looked up at me and said:

Kai - Momma, I luv you.
Me - I love you too Kai, very, very much.
Kai - Mamma, Kai a good boy? (asked like a question)
Me - Yes Kai, you are a very good boy.
Kai - I kiss you momma.

I love my little man more than words can ever express. And the best part of all is that my little man loves me back!

1 comment:

Kellyann said...

Aw....how sweet! Sounds like my little man who is 2 1/2