
Yesterday was a special day for J.D. as he turned 10 years old. My, how time flies. I remember when my children were babies and thinking that it would be forever before they were "big kids". Well, what was supposed to take forever has happened in the blink of an eye. Later this week Dave and I will drive the kids to school to meet their new teachers. J.D. will be in 4th grade and Piper in 2nd. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time - o.k. kids, no one grows for another 2 years! It just happens so fast...
I haven't blogged for a week because we have been having an incredible time at Disney World. Yes, the same Disney I railed about last week, I am now praising. This time was different because I was with my family. We have officially become Disney experts. I say this because we have learned to successfully navigate the parks even in the most hot and crowed month of August. In only 4 days, we road every ride once and the best ones twice (ie. Soarin, Test Track, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean.) Unfortunately Space Mountain was having "technical difficulties" when we returned the last day to ride it for the second time. Needless to say, riding malfunctioning roller coasters is not our cup of tea. We played until we dropped into bed every night and then woke up early the next morning for another full day. It was an awesome way to finish up what has been a truly great summer.












No comments:
Post a Comment