
Today marks 37 days since our LOI (Letter of Intent) arrived in Beijing. Now we are waiting for China to mail us our LOA (Letter of Acceptance). My best guess is that we will get our LOA in October (just a guess, China works at their own pace.) When we receive it, we will immediately sign it and return it to China. The LOA is actually a ridiculous document. To paraphrase, it asks, "Do you REALLY want this child that you have searched for, prayed about, and spent enormous amounts of time and energy to bring home?" I don't think many adoptive parents get their LOA (after years of working toward this child) and decide "No, this was all a huge mistake. We don't know what we were thinking. Take us off your mailing list."
After returning our LOA we will wait for our TA (Travel Approval). The TA can come anywhere from 4-8 weeks after the LOA. When we receive TA, we will schedule a CA (Consulate Appointment). *Feel free to sing the alphabet song here. I felt the need to after reading this post* The CA will decide when we actually leave for China. As I said before, China works at their own pace. Some families fly through this process while others seem to languish in their own private waiting hell. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets their LOA quickly and who does not. Believe me, thousands of adoptive parents have tried to discern a pattern to no avail.
As for my prediction, I have a motherly sixth sense that we will be travelling to China around Christmas. It would be hectic and crazy but there would be some advantages. Most importantly, the kids would be able to take less time off from school. Although I whole-heartedly believe that 2 weeks in school can not even compare to the experiences they will have in China, I am still concerned that they may fall behind in some area (particularly J.D., who is now in 4th grade!) Regardless, the whole family is travelling. We are even bringing Dave's parents to help in case of an emergency.
After returning our LOA we will wait for our TA (Travel Approval). The TA can come anywhere from 4-8 weeks after the LOA. When we receive TA, we will schedule a CA (Consulate Appointment). *Feel free to sing the alphabet song here. I felt the need to after reading this post* The CA will decide when we actually leave for China. As I said before, China works at their own pace. Some families fly through this process while others seem to languish in their own private waiting hell. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets their LOA quickly and who does not. Believe me, thousands of adoptive parents have tried to discern a pattern to no avail.
As for my prediction, I have a motherly sixth sense that we will be travelling to China around Christmas. It would be hectic and crazy but there would be some advantages. Most importantly, the kids would be able to take less time off from school. Although I whole-heartedly believe that 2 weeks in school can not even compare to the experiences they will have in China, I am still concerned that they may fall behind in some area (particularly J.D., who is now in 4th grade!) Regardless, the whole family is travelling. We are even bringing Dave's parents to help in case of an emergency.












No comments:
Post a Comment