Thursday, August 23, 2007

Word of the Week

Our morning weather girl has a new segment on her forecast called the "Word of Day". Here in brutally hot Alabama the word is usually something like "scorching" or "unbearable". I've decided to upstage the weather girl with my own word of the week. This week my word is "busy". It's a simple word but when I tried to think of a synonym, nothing really fit. I know every working mom is busy (and yes, the stay-at-home moms are probably over-scheduled too), but sometimes it just gets a little crazy around my house. There are dinner plans, housework, homework, football practice, soccer practice, PTA meetings, furniture shopping, Sunday school preparation and China travel plans to work on - all after a long day's work. This makes 5pm to 8pm kind of like Grand Central Station at my house. How can anyone accomplish what they need to do (outside of work) in 3 measly hours a day? If you know the secret, please pass it along to me. Gotta go now - I have no idea what we're gonna eat for dinner.

No comments: