Monday, July 11, 2011

Back in the Land of the Living

We made it home Friday night (20 minutes early!) after traveling exactly 25 hours. Looking back, the flights weren't too bad. It's honestly like childbirth - it hurts like h*ll but you somehow forget about the pain once the job is done. I spent a decent amount of time on the plane praying for patience (for me) and sleep (for Molly Kate) and I think it kept me sane to know that God was looking out for us.
We really tried to beat the worst of the jag lag by staying awake on Saturday but Piper and I failed miserably. She was dead asleep by 10am and I napped for most of the afternoon. Molly Kate however, is sleeping well all the time. She's still taking an afternoon nap and is in bed by 8:30pm. I'm so glad our little angel doesn't have sleep issues because I am one mama who needs her sleep!

I haven't broken out the camera yet, because quite honestly, I'm sick of taking pictures. I tried hard to photograph our days in China but it's not one of my strong suits. It was especially difficult since it was 100 degrees in China and I was lugging around a 34lb child and a 15lb backpack. The last thing I wanted to do was stop, dig out the camera, and take pictures of our sweaty selves.

Last night as I lay awake in bed, I had the perfect blog post swirling in my head. It was thoughtful and emotional and came directly from my heart. Unfortunately this morning, I'm just not feeling it. It's only 9:30am and I've already done a load of laundry, the dishes, cleaned out a nasty kitchen cabinet, and am now working on cleaning out 15 years of outdated clothes from my closet. Maybe I'm nesting after the fact? Who knows - who cares? I'm getting things done and my girl is happily playing with her siblings.

3 comments:

Grandmama said...

So very glad all is going well. We love you all so much and look forward to time together soon.
Take care. Hope the days stay calm and pleasant!
Love, Grandmama

A Beautiful Mess said...

Glad to hear that you all made it home safe and sound! Gaaaw the jet lag is killer!!

Funny how the housework etc. just doesn't seem to be impacted by our level of exhaustion:)

The Drinkwaters said...

So glad you made it home safely! Jet lag is simply awful, glad you are all getting your clocks back on track quickly.