Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just Another Day in China




Not much to say today. Our consulate appointment went well (although it was mighty early) and our time at the zoo was nice. It was, of course, painfully hot outside so our group didn’t stay for very long. JD went and made a McDonalds run for us this afternoon. It was nice to have lunch delivered in style! I think we’re going to take a taxi to Carrefour this evening. I’ve never been to a Carrefour before but I’ve heard it’s similar to an upscale WalMart or Target. Molly Kate is wearing her last pair of clean undies so I guess we’ll buy some more instead of doing laundry again. Kai and Ash have also asked me to bring them home presents. They don’t want anything specifically from China but rather “a car” or “a Pokeman” – I guess I’ll just see what I can find that doesn’t take up much room in the suitcase and isn’t too heavy.

Molly Kate continues to be an angel. She continues to bond with me more and more. When I tried to leave the room to run to the business center, she cried and banged on the door. Of course, I came right back in and took her with me. She won’t be spoiled forever, but it sure was sweet that she cried when I left.

Love to you all. T-minus 2 days and counting

1 comment:

The Drinkwaters said...

Have I mentioned how much I love her smile? She brightens every picture she is in! Enjoy your last couple of days in China, you will be home before you know it!