Wednesday, July 27, 2011

They Really Hate Each Other


I don't allow my kids to say the word hate. But since I'm not 5, I decided to be a rebel and use it here. Ya know, I like to live on the edge like that.

Molly Kate and Ash don't have a love/hate relationship. It would be more accurate to say they've developed more of a hate/hate relationship. I worked for good 10 minutes just to get a photo of them together. And their expressions say it all (i.e. I'll look at the camera, mom, but there's no way I'm gonna smile while this close to him/her.) If I hear my own speech about patience, kindness and love one more time I think I might puke. So we're taking this whole new sibling thing slowly, and my main goal is not to kill either one of them before it gets better.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

They will probably grow up to be the best of friends once they adjust to each other! Hang in there mom!

A Beautiful Mess said...

I have heard good things about a book called "Siblings without rivalry"....probably could have used it when my big kids were little. Not much rivalry for Sophie...she is more like the star of the show. Heaven help me!

Wuxi Mommy said...

I'm thinking it may be really hard for Ash to let go of the spotlight, but in time I'm sure he will be okay. Meanwhile, I'm not sure how to help Mommy keep her sanity....LOL! By the way, Molly is absolutely beautiful!!! She radaites happiness!!

Paige said...

I will be praying for Ash, bless his heart, at least he is expressing himself and not holding his feelings in. Hopefully he will love her even bigger when he works through it all.
hugs!