Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Adoption #3




Ha! I fooled you (and I truly apologize if I gave you a heart attack, mom.) I bet you thought I went off and did something crazy. No (new) kids are in our future, so you can stop the proceedings to have me committed. Our newest adoption is of the four legged variety. Our pup was rescued in July and has been looking for a family ever since. A wonderful woman (who happens to carry a collar & leash in her car - just in case) found her wandering the interstate and just couldn't leave her there to eventually get run over and killed.

We've been talking about getting a dog for over a year now. I am a dog fanatic but Kai was terrified of them when he came home from China. Our sweet Australian Shepherd, Indy, moved to live with David's parents when it became apparent that I was either going to kill her or Kai if they had to coexist any longer. Kai now loves dogs and the kids have been begging for one since Christmas. We've been waiting for Ash to get acclimated to our house before introducing a new dog and it finally seemed like the right time.

We've named her Scout (from To Kill a Mockingbird.) It was actually the name we picked out for Piper, but Piper won out in the end. Scout is the most wonderful dog, ever. She is house trained, doesn't bark, loves kids, doesn't jump on people and walks on a leash like a dream. I am totally in love with her. Here's to our newest family member, Scout the dog.

2 comments:

Marion said...

Wonderful looking dog! Hope he stays as good as he sounds now. We have a puppy who is driving me insane--just pooped on the stairs as I was typing. Love the 3-yr-old's report, "Mommy, the dog just pooped on the stairs." I guess he's said the same thing five times tonight, but only this report was accurate. Arghhh!

Cindy said...

Oh boy! I totally fell for that one!!!! Ha! Congrats on the newest member of the family!!! He is one handsome fella!