Wow, it's been forever since I've gone this long without blogging. Things have just been moving at the speed of light and I'm usually too tired to sit down and write after a long day of kid-wrangling. I don't want to jinx myself, but everything has been wonderful lately. I've been having so much fun with the kids and Dave has been in town for most of our adventures. But the big kicker is that I've been doing well even when he's gone. I know you single moms are thinking, "So you can take care of your kids and keep your sanity when your husband is away. Big deal." Well, it is (or was) a big deal to me. I guess I just depended on Dave way too much to walk in the house every night and handle whatever was going wrong.
Big science test you need help studying for - Talk to dad.
You threw the remote control and busted the new tv -
Wait until dad gets home.
What are we having for dinner - Let's see what dad wants.
I know, you're crying a river for me. Parenting without David has just been my Achilles heal and I'm finally getting the hang of it. Hallelujah!
For David's birthday a few weeks ago, we headed to Florida for a quick weekend of water fun. We didn't know how Ash would react to the ocean but he loved it. The temperature was perfect, the water was warm and waves were nonexistent (perfect for the little boys.). The ocean was so clear we could swim out 100 feet from the beach and still see our feet perfectly. We had the best weekend we've had all summer and of course, this mommarazzi took a zillion pictures.
And on an entirely different note, Dave and I were caught last night. Yes, JD (at 12 years old) walked in on his mom and dad in a, shall we say, compromising position. In our defense, it was 11pm and the kids had been in bed for a good 2 hours. I guess we've learned our lesson about locking the bedroom door. Live and learn, live and learn...












3 comments:
These are great pics but I am crying after reading your last paragraph. Nice. LOL! That is what they make LOCKS for. You won't make that mistake twice. HAHAHAHAHAHA...
I LOVE your beach pictures!! Everyone looks sooo happy, especially you newest addition. I'm so glad things are going well, and you're surviving those long days when your hubby is out of town.
Oh, and you definately have done a Not Me Monday about that little "woops" incident. How did you explain your way out of that one??? A good dead belt is always in order for such events:)
Heather, you have made me giggle today. (GOL???)
Post a Comment