Monday, September 28, 2009

The Nicest Present I Ever Got

David has a friend that I've met only once. David and his friend Carl worked together several years ago and Carl made a huge impression on David in a short amount of time. Carl is a very spiritual man who has always been interested and supportive of our adoptions (not a small thing for many men.) What I didn't know until recently is that Carl is an amazing artist. And God put it on Carl's heart to write and illustrate a book titled "Dragons and Elephants". A few weeks ago David and I got a small package in the mail from Carl. It was, by far, the most thoughtful and beautiful present either of us have ever received.

See for yourself...








Carl, if you happen to read this, I want you to know how much we truly cherish our book. It is beautiful beyond words and we will treasure it forever. Thank you so much.

4 comments:

shelley said...

WOW, that is wonderful

Denise Grover Swank said...

That is totally and completely! What a wonderful and amazing gift!

Marion said...

That is wonderful!!!

Melanie Gao said...

That is really touching! The words are as beautiful as the pictures. I especially love the last line - "dragons and elephants, a family at last."