Kai has gone off the deep end. I knew that there would be difficult days with 2 preschoolers (who are only 7 months apart.) What I didn't know is that today would be one of those days. David has been out of town and I have truly tried to stay upbeat and "in-control" during his absence. Unfortunately, Kai is not impressed with my efforts. He is hell on wheels today. He woke up cranky and has done nothing but bother (ie. grab, steal, kick, cling onto, and whine at) everyone else in the house. Today was the only day this week that I didn't have something planned for the kids. I was excited about staying home and playing in our pajamas. How stupid of me to think we could enjoy a morning where we aren't rushing to get somewhere on time.
I know, I'm blessed. And I'm crazy about my kiddos. But boy, some days are challenging.












4 comments:
oh heather...i feel for you! i really was ready to get medicated the 1st 2 months home. i always thought the child that i recently brought home would be the challenge but it was the other ones that made me psycho.
i am happy to report that about 1 1/2 weeks ago i FINALLY got back my old little boy. his craziness and defiance has seemed to vanish. PTL because I was on my knees!
hang in there! kai will come back to you again! :)
Oh Heather, I feel your pain. Hang in there. Kai is adjusting to not being the center of everyone's attention and that has to be hard. It will get better!
Hi Heather,
I completely understand how you feel. My two adopted children are 7 months apart and there seems to be a constant fight at my house every day.
Hi--I didn't read this at the time, but this is us, too--it's Wyatt who's being the biggest PITA of the bunch in many ways. He KNOWS the rules. He KNOWS what he's doing. And he knows exactly how much he can get away with. ANd lots of the time he's hell on wheels.
We get massive, massive Rory tantrums, too. Has Ash rewarded you with any of those? They don't help.
Post a Comment