So Ash has been home for 2 weeks and things are honestly going better than expected. We have had some really bad days (i.e. my last blog post), but overall, Ash is an angel and I'm counting my blessings. My moods lately have fluctuated between overjoyed and overwhelmed from one minute to the next. Friday was an awful day. The kids drove me stark raving mad, David was out of town, and I wanted to sit down and cry several times. However, today (Saturday) has been wonderful. We took the kids canoeing this morning and then went to see David's band play tonight. Everyone had fun and I feel like a new woman. Is there something wrong with me? I'm not bipolar (or at least I wasn't last month) but this whole "new mom" thing has me on an emotional roller coaster.
I took the kids to the botanical gardens a few days ago (and accidently left the camera in the car!) We were having the coolest summer temperatures we've had in 50 years so I decided we had to get out and enjoy the breeze. Ash is quite delayed with his walking/running (gross motor skills?) and he fell while we were at the gardens. He busted his head pretty badly and I had nothing to clean his cut with (or to be grammatically correct, I had nothing with which to clean his cut.) I bribed him with TCBY afterwards and got a shot of the poor boy's noggin. Can you see the look he's giving me in the picture above? It's priceless.
This week also marked David's 40th birthday. I can't believe that he's really 40 and I can't belive that we've been dating, engaged or married for half of his life. He's a caring son, an amazing dad and an (almost) perfect husband. How I was wise enough at 21 years old to find and hold on to him is a complete mystery.
Yes, I am blessed beyong measure.













4 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that things are going better. You all, or since you're southern-- y'all, just need to get into a routine. Oh and Ryan's been home a year now and some days I'm totally overwhelmed.
I've been wondering about you. Glad things are going well.
Heather! Congratulations! I have been off of the internet for a long time due to moving and just wanted to tell you a HUGE congrats!!!!!!
He is beautiful!!!!!
I KNOW that look. Rory gives it too. And hi! We're feeling like we're turning a little bit of a corner here--hope you are too.
Post a Comment