Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blogger Mommy Support Group

Playing around after the reception

3 of my 4 gorgeous kids

David got home last night. I almost cried (with joy) when he walked in the door. In perfect kid fashion, Kai has been a sweetheart since the moment he saw his daddy. I have conflicting emotions about Kai's turn in behavior because:
1) I'm thrilled he's not acting like the spawn of Satan anymore, but,
2) I'm sure David thinks I'm either mentally unstable or a complete liar.

Of course, I called David on Friday and went on and on about Kai's horrendous behavior. I explained to him that he had never seen any of our kids this bent out of shape and how we were going to have to work hard on helping Kai through this adjustment in his life. And then David comes home and Kai is back to normal. Doesn't that just figure? I mean, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth but I wish David could have at least seen the snothead Kai at his worst. And in case you're wondering, no, I don't expect "Sweet Kai' to stay for long, but it sure is nice that he was back for today.

On a different note, I took the kids to a party tonight. David's band was playing at a wedding reception and the whole family was invited. Piper, Kai, Ash and I went and we survived a whopping 45 minutes before I took them home. The reception was beautiful - too beautiful to be destroyed by my wrecking ball boys. I was nervous the whole time and I honestly did not have enough hands to go around. I'm learning what I can and can not handle right now and I bit off a little more than I could chew tonight! (P.S. I just noticed that in my rush to get everyone ready tonight, I wore 2 earrings in my left ear. Maybe I'll start a new fashion trend.)

Thanks for all the encouragement after my last post. I truly love my blogger mommy support group.

3 comments:

Flamingo said...

girlfriend i feel your pain. when DH was away and Lil'Rocker was the spawn of satan i sat crying to him on the phone. i told him how bad he was and he would just laugh because he didn't really believe me. sadly when he came home lil' rocker was an angel for HIM.

finally he saw that he was evil after all. i'm so glad that my old Lil'Rocker is back.

Stephanie said...

I am laughing as I read this. I don't have children so I can't relate, all I can relate is the antics of my pups. Apache can't get up or down during the day without pain because of arthritis. She goes to my parent's house while I'm at the beach and she's running up stairs and trying to jump in the back of their SUV. Who knows why they do what they do.

Denise Grover Swank said...

Kids love to try to make you look like a liar. LOL Enjoy that he's being good, maybe he realizes that since both of you are there he won't get away with his bad behavior. Or maybe he feel less jealous since there's two parents and two small boys.