Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Hobby



What do you do when you're dying to get 5 kids out of your house? Send them to the lake to fish. We have fished at the small lake in our neighborhood close to twenty times before and have never caught a thing. Today the kids went out, alone, and caught 4 fish. The kids are now convinced that either their dad is the worst fisherman ever (quite possible) or the fish are scared of adults (I personally like this explanation because it gets me out of fishing forever.) Either way, the kiddos now have a new hobby. JD and Piper asked if they could set their alarm clocks for 6am tomorrow morning so they could get to the fish extra early. I told them that they could wake up as early as they wanted but they were dead if either Kai or I were awakened while they were getting ready. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

LOL! They look so excited about their catch. Too cute!

Denise Grover Swank said...

But if you set the alarm for 6 am so they could go to school, could you imagine the screaming????

I take it your kids are out of school then. Mine get out tomorrow.

Lola Granola said...

THIS IS THE HARDEST< HARDEST time!!! THis isn't really about your post, just about the wait for TA and the uncertainty. Why yes, we're going, you tell everyone. Soon. Really soon. ANd just when they get sick of you refusing to schedule anything, it happens.

THe funny thing is, we have ended up traveling exactly when we wanted to travel--and yet, now that we're here, it's OMG close. I feel like we got 2 weeks notice, but of course we've been dying for this for months!

Email me if you need commiseration, and I will keep my fingers crossed that you join the group!