This year due to some monstrous minor money concerns, we decided to stay home for Spring Break. The kiddos seemed okay with the idea, but they did request that we try to make the week memorable regardless of our less than ideal location. I morphed into SuperMom and took them to:
- the zoo on Monday (followed by friends spending the night at our house)
- the Civil Rights Museum on Tuesday
- a long nature hike and scrumptious lunch at Five Guys Burgers on Wednesday (followed by spending the night at friend's houses)
- a picnic and hike at a local state park with the grandparents on Thursday
Unfortunately, I was completely exhausted by Friday so the kids played outside and I prayed for David to come home early. Saturday was Kai's big birthday bash so I knew I needed to be well-rested and on my A game. He had his party at a huge indoor play place and the pictures turned out terrible, so you're just going to have to believe me that Kai had a great time playing laser tag and running around with 14 of his closest buddies.
Spring Break is over and the weekend has officially ended (since the munchkins are in bed, I count the day done.) This mama is truly thankful for the last week that she got to spend with her amazing kiddos but even more grateful for the wonderful schools that her kids will spend several hours at tomorrow!












No comments:
Post a Comment