Monday, February 21, 2011

Praise God

My baby girl sitting on her hospital bed (notice no iv lines)

My angel with a wonderful nanny hired to sit with her in the hospital


I received a phone call from our adoption agency a little over 5 weeks ago. They had just been contacted by the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) and told that Molly Kate had been transferred to Beijing for heart surgery. This was a huge shock for us (since we were prepared to have her surgery here) and put me into a world of worry. I'm a pretty easy-going girl and this honestly threw me for a loop. I worried about Molly Kate being alone and in pain in an unfamiliar and cold hospital. It has taken me weeks and weeks of emails, phone calls and searching, but I finally got the news today that Molly Kate is still in Beijing and doing well. She had successful open heart surgery 10 or 11 days ago and the doctor believes that she will be able to live a long and full life. One day I will tell the story of how I finally came to get this information but that is for another day.

Molly Kate is well. She is not alone. Her heart is healed. Praise God!

4 comments:

KJ DellAntonia said...

Absolutely, praise God. I hope the nanny can help her feel that she isn't alone there, and that you can get to her quickly...wow, what news. A Chinese hospital is a tough and hard-feeling place. (wish I didn't speak from experience!) I hope she finds loving care.

The Drinkwaters said...

So happy that you were able to find out more information on your daughter! I'm so glad that the nanny was/is there to comfort her and help her during her healing.

Joyanne, fellow Datong Mama

Mommy said...

WOW! Am I BEHIND OR WHAT? I lost my google reader and have been building it back up since Christmas (in my spare time haha). Glad to hear she is doing well, that Ash is doing well and that your sweet family is going with the flow. I'm sorry I've been a tardy amiga. Hope to catch up sooN!

Melanie Gao said...

I can't wait until this sweet little girl is in your arms!!!