Saturday, February 19, 2011

It Happened Again



I don't know what the deal is but every, say, 365 days or so, my kids seem to get a little older. We had a bash at our house last night celebrating Piper's 11th birthday. I'm not too pleased with my sweetest angel growing up (and she is - by far - my sweetest kiddo.) I could keep her at 8 or 9 for the rest of my life and be happy as a clam. Unfortunately (and to her delight), I don't seem to have any control over her growth and maturation. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I took the girls (a total of 10 including me) to the Justin Beiber movie. I was dreading it and came ready to sit in the very back of the theater surfing the web and checking my email. Although I only watched about half of the film, Justin came across as a decent kid with a good bit of natural talent. As my sister said, I'd rather our kids look up to Justin Beiber than Eminem. Amen to that.

I love you Piper. You are an amazing young lady and I am so proud to be your mother.

No comments: