Hi All! I wanted to give you an update on Heather's trip to Ethiopia. I received an e-mail from her this morning and she arrived safe and sound in Addis Ababa late last night. Here are some excerpts from her e-mail:
"I got to the hotel about 11:00pm last night after several uneventful flights. My roommate, Shannon is super-sweet and our room is as nice as can be expected. We went to "You Go City Church" this morning. The music was awesome (they had a full band and around 25 singers.) The only problem was that the service lasted over 3 hours and it was completely in Amharic. I will never complain about long church services again!"
"The people of Ethiopia are gorgeous. They are very slim, have great facial features, and are happy to see us here. The city is extremely poor. It kind of reminds me of the buildings we see on CNN about Pakistan or Iraq. It looks as though a bomb has hit and rubble is everywhere. Last night we saw people sitting around fires on the rubble. It was sad. "
"We get to meet the kids tomorrow and I can't wait. We are building a soccer field, basketball court, painting 10 rooms and we have brought somewhere around 200 pairs of shoes, formula, diapers and other supplies."
There is more in the e-mail, but most of it is just too steamy to post on this blog. It's not that kind of web site.
But I did want y'all to know that she is doing well and trying to keep in touch as much as possible!
- Dave
Be TRUE TO YOURSELF!
4 months ago












3 comments:
Wow! My thoughts are with Heather!
Yay! So glad to hear things are going well so far. Thanks for keeping us updated Dave. I know you are so proud of her. Hang in there. She'll be home soon!
That Heather is really something else! Such a strong, beautiful woman. Thanks David for updating us while she's away.
Post a Comment