Tuesday, February 2, 2010

60 Hours

A flyer from Hannah's Hope -
One of the orphanages I will be working with


"I'm leaving on a jet plane.
Don't know when I'll get back again.
Oh baby, I hate to go."

Quick, who am I quoting? Yeah of course, it's the unforgettable John Denver. I just can't get this song out of my head. I guess it's because I AM leaving on a jet plane very, very soon. Like in 60 hours! And in case you were wondering, I do have a excellent excuse for not blogging lately. The group I am going to Ethiopia with, All God's Children, has encouraged me to journal my thoughts, feelings, and prayers for the trip on real paper! Have you ever heard of such a thing? Paper. It's often white in color and always flat. You know, like a pancake. You can write on it but unfortunately, there's no automatic spell check. It's really a quite amazing little invention. Maybe it'll catch on one day and make someone a load of money.

So I've been writing and praying about the next two weeks and hope that you will join me. If you are so inclined, I would love for you to pray for me and my team and for the countless orphaned children in the world. Specifically, I need prayers for safety, health, a servant's heart, and my family back home. I don't think I'll have access to a computer in Ethiopia, but there's no doubt I'll fill you in as soon as I get home. Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

amy said...

Heather,
Know that we are praying for you and your journey as well as your family as you are away from them. What an incredible experience to be able to enjoy. I look forward to reading about it!

Blesssings
Amy
www.faithloveandfamily.com

Mommy said...

So excited for you (and I'm glad to hear from you before you leave). I'll be praying for you. Can you post a little more about your itinerary so we can know how to pray specifically for you?

Hugs,
M

Anonymous said...

Kelly Walden sent me your way. I would love to hear about your trip. My husband and I are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia with All God's Children! Love the connection.