Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mall Santa




This evening it just so happened that Santa was visiting our local mall. Can you imagine that? It was our luck that the little boys had just gotten haircuts, had clean faces, and were wearing adorable matchy-match sweaters (and if you actually believe this was all a coincidence I have some swamp land in Florida I'd love to sell you.) Kai ran up to Santa and mobbed him with a giant hug. Ash, not frightened of Santa but definitely worried about the location of his reindeer, was more aloof. They both got onto the old man's lap and Kai began his diatribe of what he wants from Santa. It's a long, rambling story that begins with "a big remote-control car" and ends with "a real Mac truck that Lightening McQueen can fit inside." Next Santa asks Ash what he wants for Christmas. Dave and I are listening intently because, so far this year, Ash has only answered this question with "a toy." Amazingly enough, Ash thinks on his feet because he coughed out "a motorcycle." I'm not sure what Santa's gonna do with the motorcycle answer but I'm glad we have one more successful Santa photo encounter behind us. Cheers!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Quick...late night run to TRU with a motorcycle on the brain. That's in your future. :-) Your boys sure are looking handsome!