It's officially been a long time since I've sat down and visited my blog. No, nothing's wrong. Quite the opposite, actually. David has only been away from home 2 nights over the last month. J.D. and Piper both got straight "A's" on the their report cards. Kai is continuing to be our little angel and it even appears that he may be ready for kindergarten in the fall (which was truly doubtful just a few months ago!) Ash, although still a handful, is melting our hearts more every day. His verbal skills are really impressive, especially if you take into account that as of tomorrow, he has been home exactly 6 months.
Christmas was fabulous. I can't explain how wonderful it felt to be with my entire family, staying up late, eating junk food, and playing games. It's as close to heaven as it gets.
The favorite gifts this year were as follows:
JD - his first cell phone (his quote after opening it - "Finally, I won't be the laughing stock of middle school.")
Piper - Nintendo DSi
Kai - Policeman dress up costume and remote control car
Ash - Knight dress up costume and violin
And I can't close this post without saying a big ROLL TIDE! Alabama won the National Championship this week and we've been on cloud 9 ever since. David and I were offered free tickets and lodging to the game but with airfare running around $700 (per ticket) we decided to stay home and watch the Tide on tv. It was an amazing night that we'll never forget.












4 comments:
You are SO going to regret that violin...
Happy and Merry Belated!
It was great to see your kiddos! Isn't the most amazing feeling to have them all home together? I just wanted to savor the moment of seeing both of my little ones sitting by the Christmas tree Christmas morning. We waited a long time for this!!
Roll tide toll!
I'm with Lola Granola on the violin. See if you can find a volume switch now, set it to the lowest setting, and then tear it off. :)
Next time you get offered free tickets and a room, LET ME KNOW! My boss offered to fly me out there using his miles, if I could get tickets and I couldn't. Oh well, Roll Tide and I love reading your blog! Can't wait to finally actually meet the gang!
Post a Comment