Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cat out of the Bag


I wasn't planning to reveal my next adventure quite yet, but due to the number of phone calls and emails we've been getting, I've decided to let the cat out of the bag. No, we're not moving across the country or to the other side of the world (at least not right now.) My adventure is that I'm going on a trip to Ethiopia to work at an orphanage in Addis Ababa. A new orphanage has recently been purchased and our group (16 of us in all) will be preparing the new buildings for the kids. I'm so excited to be a part of this mission that I can barely contain myself.

More later, I've got to get the 4 munchkins ready for church and out the door in a little less than an hour.

5 comments:

Melanie Gao said...

How exciting! So glad to see you're carrying on a fine tradition. I can't wait to read about your adventure on your blog!

Lola Granola said...

That's a great adventure! Can't wait to hear more. I have friends living in Cape TOwn for a year, and we're trying to get ourselves together just to visit!

Wuxi Mommy said...

Awesome!! My mom went there a few years ago and had an amazing experience. I'm so excited for you. I'm a bit jealous. Someday I would love to visit Ethiopia. Maybe not just as a mission's trip:)

Mommy said...

wOOOOHOOOOOOOO! So excited for you. Wish I could go with you.

Amy D. said...

Hi Heather!
I haven't posted much to you--but I am Hope's mama--another Wuxi cutie who is your son's age! It is so ironic I just read your post since I have just been researching doing a mission trip to Africa-next year for my 40th b-day! I would love to know where to start--would you be willing to share some organizations that I should look at??
My e-mail is: dinello04@comcast.net

Thanks so much and congrats on your upcoming trip!!
Amy Dinello