
Yes my friends, yesterday we received our coveted LOA. For those of you (maybe 2 or 3 people) who aren't in the crazy world of adoption but still read my blog, the LOA is a ridiculous document that asks (and I'm completely paraphrasing here), "Do you really want to adopt this child that you have searched for, prayed for, and spent enormous amounts of time and energy to bring home?" I don't know the actual figures but I'm guessing that very few adoptive parents get their LOA (after months or even years of working towards this child) and decide "No, this was all a huge mistake. We don't know what we were thinking! Take us off your mailing list."
Just for kicks, I looked up how long it took us to get our LOA's for Kai and Ash. Take a look at our lightning speed:
Kai: 66 days in 2007
Ash: 75 days in 2009
Molly Kate: 38 days in 2011 (insert me jumping for joy here)
Maybe the CCAA has now learned that the Olivet's are a super-cool nice family and don't feel the need to scrutinize our dossier quite as much as they once did (or maybe they've just hired a few more people and the process is a little quicker these days, who knows?) My guess is that we'll travel to meet sweet Molly Kate in early August but we still have a ton of hoops to jump through before that time. Wish us luck that our next important document, the I-800, comes quickly. I can't wait to hold my little girl!












6 comments:
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING NEWS ABOUT YOUR LITTLE MOLLY KATE!!!!!!! Half way there girl!!!!!
Congratulations!!! I can't wait for Piper to have a little sister, and I hope this means travel is SOON!!
Yey! One more step to cross off your list! Hoping the next steps are processed quickly as well.
I would imagine being super cool truly does speed the process! So happy for you guys. Praying the next several months are very smooth.
That's great - congratulations! Guess where we'll be in August 2011? Nashville, Tennessee. We'll be there from July 2011 to summer 2012. I'm sorry we won't be able to see you in China when you go to pick up Molly Kate but we'll have to be sure to meet up during the year that we're in the U.S. I'm so excited about having some time back in my home country!
Congratulations, Heather! I didn't know you were adopting again! (Or I forgot that I knew...it's hard to tell these days! Hahaha!)
Molly Kate is absolutely gorgeous! I hope the process will go by quickly and you'll have her in your arms soon!
Stacey
mom to Sofia, from the yahoo group
Post a Comment