Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Perfect to Me


My sweet, amazing, gorgeous, super-smart JD turned 13 this weekend. I've thought about blogging every day since his birthday but I've honestly been way too emotional. I'm not sure why this birthday has thrown me for a loop. He's still my JD. The oldest child and big brother of our motley crew. And thank God we have only witnessed a few moments of teenager insanity.

For his birthday, JD took Piper and four of his best friends to an amusement/water park in our city. They had a wonderful time despite the 100 degree weather. David chaperoned the big kids and I brought Kai and Ash later in the day to enjoy the kiddie rides.

Oh how I love my JD. This is the child that made me a mother. He came into this world with a head full of unruly black hair (which we lovingly called his monkey hair), lungs that could scream like a banshee, and 2 little backwards and upside down feet. It took many sets of casts, a few surgeries, a huge pair of walking boots and one wheelchair to completely fix those crazy feet.

The funny thing is...
that he is now
and has always been
perfect to me.


No comments: