Monday, August 16, 2010

Dancing Fool








I must admit that I am blogging about my adorably sweet daughter tonight because my teenage son is acting like...well, a teenage boy. Honestly, wouldn't you be little irked if your child accidentally spray painted his new, overpriced tennis shoes bright pink? I thought so! JD had a science project tonight (yes, on the 3rd day of school) that involved painting a huge garbage bag pink and purple. We bought the paint, helped him set out the newspaper, and voila - he proceeds to turn his navy Converse into something a 3 year old girl would covet. The kicker is that JD was mad at ME after the incident. I'm not sure why I deserved the blame but I am the mom and that must make me partially responsible for everything that happens under our roof.

But now on to my original post:
I don't know how I missed putting up pictures of Piper's dance recital but I noticed them again today and realized how cute they were. Piper is truly a dancing fool. She dances down to breakfast most mornings, she dances in the shower, she takes dance lessons after school and she dances in her bedroom before bedtime. She even teaches her little brothers absolutely hilarious dance routines (and yes, one day I will put up a video of this.) I'm hoping that all the money we've sunk into dance lessons pays off when she wins So You Think You Can Dance in 2018.

No comments: