Monday, July 5, 2010

Beating the Oil

We returned from a wonderful vacation at Florida's gorgeous beaches this week. I don't know how we did it, but we beat the oil and the beaches were still pristine. As you'll see in a picture below, JD did find one tar ball in the ocean about the size of his fist. I know a lot more is coming and I'm glad we got to experience the beach one last time before the nastiness hits.

My mom and stepdad came with us and braved a week with the "terrible two" (no, they're not 2 years old, but there are 2 of them and they are most definitely terrible!) We had a great time playing in the sand, boogie boarding in the ocean, swimming in the pool, eating ridiculously over-priced seafood, and playing games late into the night.

In a week and a half, we are headed back to Cincinnati for Kai to have more surgery. This is a much simplier operation than he had last year and we will hopefully be back home within a week. We are also bringing Ash with us to Cincinnati so he can be evaluated by the amazing Dr. Levitt (yes, I may be just a little bit in love with the man.) It should be a very interesting week with Kai in the hospital, Ash undergoing testing and David and I trying to keep our sanity. Please keep us in your prayers. I'm sure we'll need them.



















2 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

Your pictures are wonderful!! Your boys are really growing up! I was actually just thinking about Ash and wondering if you had been out to Cincinnati yet. I'll say a prayer for you. I know how much the testing is:)

Wuxi Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.