We took the kids out to dinner last night to a crowed restaurant. Before we had even ordered our drinks, Ash exclaimed that he had "an accident in my pants." Oh, goody. Since Dave was exhausted from a night of very little sleep and a terrible day at work, I took the little guy to the bathroom. It didn't take long to discover that Ash's underpants were not salvageable. I threw them away and by the grace of God, found one ancient Pull-Up in my purse. We headed back to the table, scrubbed clean, and resumed our dinner out. About an hour later, as were we grabbing our coats and leaving, Ash realized that he was missing something very important. He blurted out, "Daddy, where's my underwear?" Dave, naively assuming that Ash would hush if he ignored him, did not respond. So Ash asked louder, "Where IS my UNDERWEAR?" I believe Dave grabbed Ash and carted him outside somewhere between the third and forth time he asked the question. As we were walking out to the car, we all lost it - with deep, snort-inducing laughter.
I guess a boy's underwear is kind of like a good buddy. You don't leave either behind.












2 comments:
We've had to leave underwear behind before, too! It's so funny how kids don't know there are certain things we just don't say in public:) SuSu asked me in her lovely, too loud voice at gymnastics yesterday if it was okay if she pooped in her pants. Everyone looked at me completely appalled. I ushered in to the bathroom for the rest of that conversation!
Wuxi Mommy, now that's funny!
Post a Comment